**Otūnahe and Hidden Valley walkways change in Management**
As of 4th October 2021 East Taranaki Environment Collective (ETEC) will no longer manage or receive proceeds from the Otūnahe and Hidden Valley walkways on the private land of Karen and Bob Schumacher located at Pūrangi/Matau area.
Karen and Bob are keeping the Hidden Valley and Otūnahe walkways open. Please contact them directly for any enquiries. Phone: 067568064 or contact via facebook: purangiwalkstaranaki
Hidden Valley Walk
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through native bush alongside a bubbling stream bed.
The Hidden Valley Walk is our best kept secret. Boardwalks lead you along the mostly flat terrain through lovely native bush. Listen for the calls of the resident birds who are prolific in the area.
Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy sitting amongst the redwoods where you might be joined by a cheeky Robin.
Grade: Light. Time: ½ hour
Clothing: Bush walking footwear and clothing
- On arriving at the carpark please sign the visitors book
- Follow the direction of the “hidden valley” sign.
- Take the time to view the surrounding native bush and plant life.
- The halfway point of the loop track leads you up to a stairway for a short climb to the papa (clay) steps – take your time and watch your step
- Once at the top the track meanders downhill
- Stop and enjoy a rest in the redwoods picnic area
- Follow the track along and head back to the start of your walk